Quiz Result: Your period says "Help me!"
Oh cr@p! Sounds like sometimes you’re okay, but other times it feels like your period is just here to make you suffer (or maybe it’s EVERY. SINGLE. TIME!?!).
This combination of symptoms – including low back or pelvic pain – suggests you may have a pelvic imbalance that’s been there long enough to change how your ovaries function, and this is affecting your body in lots of ways.
And even if you don’t have pain, you might have many other symptoms that you just put up with because we have been taught to normalise our physical and emotional suffering with our periods.
You might even think you were ‘born with it’ and can’t do anything to change it – but this is one of the many myths we’ve learned from society.
And I’m here to change that!
I KNOW you can reduce or even get rid of these symptoms altogether because I did it myself and I’ve helped many people do the same through my 20+ years of clinical practice.
I used to suffer debilitating period pain, out-of-control moods & ovulation pain every month (along with pain in my low back and hips) from my early teens to early 30s. I also had trouble conceiving when I was ready to have children.
Then I discovered Ortho-Bionomy – a gentle body therapy designed to harness the body’s ability to self-correct – and learned how to restore my pelvic alignment so that my symptoms virtually disappeared. I also went on to conceive 2 children. I was so impressed with this approach that I became an Ortho-Bionomy Practitioner to help others take control of their period symptoms too.
If you’d like to know why period symptoms and pelvic imbalance are linked, here’s some background info (if not, skip ahead!):
Your uterus (womb) and ovaries are held in place in your pelvis by a group of ligaments (like bands of elastic) that are attached to the walls of your pelvis, including your pelvic bones – your sacrum (the big bone at the base of your spine, above your tailbone), your hip bones and your pubic bone (below your belly).
These bones can get pulled out of alignment by lots of things – like falling out of a tree when you were little, or having a car accident, or from uneven posture habits (like sitting with one leg tucked under your butt). It can even be caused by stress or trauma.
If the pelvis is unbalanced for a long time, it creates tension around your uterus and ovaries and can disrupt their normal functioning – including hormone production, ovulation, menstruation, pregnancy and menopause.
This often results in the pain, irregularity, PMS/PMDD, PCOS, hormone issues and other symptoms many people experience with their menstrual cycles, as well as fertility issues, pelvic pain during and after pregnancy, peri- and menopause symptoms.
By now you may be wondering how to find out if you have a pelvic imbalance. Here’s a simple test:
Pelvic Balance Self-Assessment
1. Place your palms flat on the front of your hip bones (the two bony bumps at either side of your belly, like headlights on a car).
2. Place your fingers diagonally along the groin line pointing towards your pubic area. The groin lines are where your pants crease is at the top of each leg.
3. The tips of your middle fingers will be resting roughly on the outside edges of your pubic bone, which is the bone at the front and centre of your pubic area, around the start of your pubic hair.
4. Press your fingers gently but firmly around this bone from the edges in your groin and along the top of the bone towards the centre of your body. You may notice soreness, tenderness or a sharper pain anywhere along the bone that may feel like you have a bruise there.
If you do have any soreness here, it’s a sign that you may have tension patterns that are pulling your hip bones (aka your pelvis) out of alignment and causing your menstrual symptoms.
But don’t despair, I’ve got you! This is not a life sentence, it’s a key to the possible solution.
Because there’s a WHOLE lot you can do to restore your pelvic alignment, balance your ovaries and reduce or even eliminate those awful symptoms that are stealing days or weeks out of every month.
Ortho-Bionomy is a body therapy based on Osteopathy. It offers lasting relief for chronic tension, pain and stress using gentle, supportive positioning and subtle movements that engage with your body’s self-healing intelligence.
I’ve seen many people get their life back by using these gentle body alignment techniques. They’re simple, safe and easy to learn.
You can start using the basic posture adjustment techniques RIGHT NOW to begin restoring your body’s natural alignment. I’ve sent you my Period First Aid Kit to show you what to do, so be sure to check your inbox.
What to do next:
1. If you’re ready for change right now, check out my 30 Days to Freedom 1:1 coaching program. We’ll deep-dive into what’s causing your period woes, then I’ll show you how to rapidly reduce your symptoms in 1 month, with a personalised plan of posture and positional rest techniques for you to follow.
If you’d like to talk with me first, book a free 20 minute call to find out if this is right for you – and of course there’s no obligation to buy the program.
2. Join the waitlist for my life-changing course, Menstrual Cycle Rescue®. I’ll teach you all you need to know to banish your symptoms and balance your cycle, with practical step by step instructions. Keep the course forever and use as needed.
3. Here’s the quiz link to share with other menstruators who need this! Everyone deserves to feel good on their period and throughout their menstrual cycle, so it’s my mission to get this information in front of everyone who needs it.
Image credits from top of page: Polina Zimmerman Pexels; billie Unsplash; Alora Griffiths Unsplash; Janine McCarthy